Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 7 (Baked Corn Dog Bites)

Here is another recipe we have added to our list of favorites!


These little nuggets of goodness require the following: 

1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
5 hot dogs (cut up into small pieces)
EVOO or Pam cooking spray
1 mini muffin tin

**Could probably stand for a tiny bit of local honey to make it smoother**



I doubled the called for ingredients to feed my large family and in the future will make more to flash freeze for quick meals for the kids. They were definitely a hit with the kiddos, so it will be a repeat recipe. 

Combine the milk, egg and muffin mix in a medium bowl and mix until well blended. Mix in the pieces of hot dog and fold in until mixed well. 


GREASE your pan!



I love my Pampered Chef cookie scooper so I use it for everything! Spoon out small globs of this mixture into the GREASED muffin tin., being careful not to overfill since these will definitely rise and overflow.



Make sure to grease your pan very well so you can avoid the mess I had when I made the first batch of these... it was not pretty. 



But here is what it should look like.



Place them in the oven (preheated to 400 degrees) and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. 

If you greased your pan, they should come out and leave this behind: 



My little one was a huge fan! The older kids used ketchup, BBQ sauce, and mustard for dipping. :)



Here is the leftovers that are still pretty:


Enjoy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment