Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dresser turned bookshelves - Stage 1

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am a Pinterest addict/junkie. 

Here is the latest project I have decided to take on.


The original pinner's site can be found at Redoux Interiors

I found this one on Pinterest a while back and have been keeping my eye on the FREE section of Craigslist.org... I found this one today and picked it up on my lunch break:


The dresser I picked up already had the drawers removed but was in great shape. As you can see, it is a cherry finish. This will not go with my decor, so I will be painting it black and adding some MDF shelves. I am looking for a pretty black/white floral or damask pattern fabric (something similar to what is in the original picture) for the background and I don't want to add legs to the bottom since it is up from the ground. I have ordered a few things from a friend who is a Thirty One Consultant and I am so excited to see those in this bookshelf. Here is what I ordered (4 of them). Check out her site at Tracey's Thirty One Page!


I also ordered a few other organizing tools from her as well as Zulily. I will post pictures when everything is put together and done. The main colors for the office will be hot pink, black/white, and aqua. 

Here are some pins I found on Pinterest that I will be using as inspiration for my office.

I will install some sort of organization system in the walk-in closet for ribbons, wrapping paper, fabric, etc.

I have a lot of acrylic paints like this because I use them a  LOT! I will have to make something like this, and BONUS! It doubles as a photo frame when folded up!!!

I will make shelving similar to this, but painted white :)

I will be using things like this and other apothecary jars to sotre craft supplies in the open while making it look pretty/ 

This is amazing! I plan to use storage boxes like this to hide any uglies. 

I have a table that is very similar to this in my carport right now that I am working on refinishing (after it had been painted 5 different colors) and it will be painted nicely when I am done. I do plan to have nicer chairs though. 








No comments:

Post a Comment