Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 6 (Low-Cal Pumpkin Muffins)



Y'all, I am so excited to have found one of the easiest breakfast recipes ever, and it is low-cal! I saw these on Pinterest and thought it would be neat to try since I have a leftover can of pumpkin puree from Thanksgiving. 

 These are so quick and only take two ingredients. 


1 box yellow cake mix & 1- 14.5 oz can solid pumpkin puree. That's it!

I know you are not believing me right now, but I promise you this is all I used to make these yummy muffins!
So you combine the box of yellow cake mix and the can of pumpkin puree.
 **I made the mistake of thinking the flour bubbles would bake out, but to help you out, if you have lumps of cake mix that are not mixing in, use a hand mixer. They don't fix themselves. :)

Make sure to grease your cupcake pan so you don't get messed up muffins later and then fill each cup to the brim. They will rise, but not too bad so don't worry about overflow. 

Follow baking instructions according to the box for cupcakes, but check about 5 minutes before that to make sure you don't have burnt muffins. :)

Ta Da!!!!!



 These are super easy and so yummy! My whole family enjoyed them this morning, even the picky eaters!

Recipe:
1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines, but any will work)
1- 14.5 oz can pumpkin puree
1 cupcake pan
EVOO or Pam cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix both ingredients in a medium bowl with a spatula. DO NOT add any wet ingredients (it will seem too thick, but it works). If there are cake mix lumps left after mixing, use a hand mixer to smooth out. Spoon balls of mix into greased cupcake pan. Whatever shape you see in the pan is what will come out of the oven. Bake according to cake mix instructions for cupcakes (roughly 20-30 minutes) or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

Variations: You could add some white chocolate chips, pecans, or raisins if you'd like. I don't recommend adding much since they turn out delish on their own, but it's your taste, obviously. 




No comments:

Post a Comment