Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

{OMG} Restaurant Style Salsa at Home

One thing I have played around with for years is salsa. I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. 

You see, I cannot tolerate real spicy food. Not even moderately spicy foods. Like "hot" Pace picante sauce is too spicy for me... that kind of "can't tolerate spicy food." But I LOVE eating chips and salsa when we go out to a good Mexican restaurant. For this reason, I have always tried to make my own recipes or find recipes and alter them into my own versions. I have made some good ones before but this one takes the cake. I do not have pictures of this recipe in the making, only the final because I was making several recipes at once and trying to get my son off to soccer practice that my dad was taking him to, yet keep an eye on my toddler and 6 year old while my husband was at work. I am sure you know what a can of tomatoes and chopped veggies look like... 

Gather up the following ingredients:


  • 28 oz can whole tomatoes, drained
  • 2 10 oz cans Rotel
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 4 gloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1 serrano pepper, seeded & finely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
Combine all of the ingredients in your blender or food processor. Blend until you have a nice consistency (to your preference). I prefer the way it is after about 30-45 seconds so it isn't so chunky. When it is to your liking, put in your container and refrigerate for at least on hour. Serve with tortilla chips or over food. Yum!



It made a whole (large) applesauce jar full of salsa!




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for my stomach to be up to to eating it. Stupid flu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I promise you it is soooo good, and garlic-y just like you like it :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete