Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 1

Today I weighed in at 220 lbs. UGH! I seriously can't believe I am back up to this number. It isn't my highest (I reached 230 lbs after the birth of my third kiddo) but it is close enough. I have already started setting goals for next year and I am working on them now to get a head start. Here are my current goals:


  • Lose a total of 80 lbs by July 1st, 2013, averaging 2.75 lbs per week. 
  • Working out at least once each day.
  • Reducing my dining out to no more than twice each month, and in those cases, going for light options.
  • Completely cutting out all soda from my diet. 
  • Reducing my Starbucks intake to no more than once a month, and in those cases, going for light options. 
  • Work my way to running in a marathon (not necessarily an entire marathon) by December 1st, 2013.
  • Reducing my caloric intake to roughly 1600 calories per day.
  • Switching from beef to chicken, pork and fish. GO WHITE MEAT!!!

I am hoping to be selected to participate in the HEB Slim Down Showdown contest, which will be announced on January 9th, 2013. They are currently selecting participants, but I don't know if they are notifying those who are selected before the announcement or we just have to wait and find out. If I am able to participate, I really think that it would turn my life around for the better and I would become much healthier through the process. I am going to be getting back on my medicine for my thyroid disorder so I don't add to the hurdles, and I am considering seeking treatment for my ADHD to help me with a lot of other issues. 

Tonight I am feeling optimistic about what could be on my horizon. Please pray for me, that if it is God's will that I be a participant in the contest, I can have the strength to endure what it will take to win and finally be healthy again. 


Make sure to keep coming back for updates and I will be posting daily during the week. I am excited to start this journey and I hope you are, too!


I hate it, but I am going to include a "before" picture so we all can see where I started when looking back next year. :) This picture is from about one month ago, wearing a size 20... Bleh. 





Good night, y'all!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment