Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Master Bedroom Decor

Okay guys, I know we are moving and that is a lot to deal with, but I have been working on a master bedroom design for a while now. I have slowly been buying a few things here and there and my goal is to have this room be put together in February, preferably the first half, so we have a nice retreat for Valentine's Day. :) This post is going to cover all of my ideas for the master bedroom design. Here are some pictures of the room as it is...
(Looking towards the back of the house) To the left is the master bathroom and to the right is the hallway and another bedroom. 

Looking the opposite way (towards the front of the house) is the rest of the bedroom. The door on the right is my giant walk-in closet. :)

 The general idea is romantic, old-Hollywood-esque, vibe. The color scheme will be primarily peacock/aqua and heather gray with black/white and purple (eggplant but a little lighter) for accent pieces. 




My favorite piece (already) is the headboard. I have always loved the idea of an upholstered headboard, so we are finally doing that. I have upholstered before, and headboards are some of the easiest to do, so it should be done in a snap! My hubby will be cutting the pattern into MDF and finishing it in a glossy white for the trim, and I will be using a gray damask patterned fabric for the center. I want just a solid center, so it will be simple.
This is what the headboard will look like. We are planning to make a smaller version of this to be the footboard as well and at that time, Jeremy will make the railings and the frame all out of wood as well. In the meantime, we will just have the headboard attached to the metal frame. 
This headboard is the inspiration for mine. I liked the shape of the footboard more than the headboard.



Our fabric choice for the new headboard :)
We currently have some purple bedding and a chocolate duvet, but we will probably be changing these out to complete the look later down the road (March?)...
Below are some ideas for pillows I will make to tie in with the aqua/gray theme, and we will be using black, white and purple as an accenting color scheme. 

I have recently come into loving vinyl wall decor, preferably from Uppercased Living. I will actually be hosting a party for Uppercased Living at our new home towards the end of March, so I will not have this until then. I intend to use the hostess rewards to my full advantage. :) 
I want this on a wall in our bedroom. I am not sure which one, but it will be there.
 For some additional decor ideas, I have found the following:


I will make a mirror like the one show, using plastic spoons and instead, painting it purple.

I will make a super simple bench for the foot of the bed, probably using some type of gray or white fabric, but it will definitely be something soft and cushy. 

I will make "art" using fabric and styrofoam and fabrics probably similar to these. 

I already have the aqua fabric for these, using 2 flat sheets from Walmart, to go on either side of our current window treatment, which is a gray patterned shower curtain. 

I am on a hunt to find some new lamps (or just paint our current ones) to make this look using the white or gray colors.

I will also keep my eyes peeled for anything like these that I could spray paint. 

I will be making a cute doorknob rack for the closet to hang ou keys on and things of that nature :)
I want to use the lace/mod podge technique on the drawers of the dresser for our bedroom .
I plan to use this on at least one of the lamp shades in our bedroom, or maybe the master bathroom. 
I plan to do this to a small chest of drawers instead of a dresser. 
I love this kind of mirror! They are sooo pretty!

I am still debating on whether or not I can live without a ceiling fan in the bedroom. If I can find one of those vintage table fans, I will use that instead and add a chandelier. 
Main color scheme:



This is roughly the same color that is already on the walls throughout the entire house. 


Accent Colors:


This shows the other colors to be used in the room as well as an idea for more pillows. :)




Last, but definitely not least, I want to get a couple of our recent family photos blown up into canvas sized prints in black and white featuring the portraits by Photography with Darla.


Overall, I am thinking I could keep it under $500 total. We will see... :)

Happy decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment