Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Transform your own handwriting into a font!

OOOOMMMMGGGG!!!!

Y'all I found this on Pinterest a while back and have had it on my to do list. I never even looked through the instructions until today. I wanted to do something easy and though.. Hey! I have been told by a lot of people that my handwriting rocks some socks.. What if I tried that thing on my Pinterest board to convert it into a font, and anybody could use it for whatever after that? Wouldn't that be cool? So I went and looked at the pin, which leads you to this site: Writingfonts - Make Your Own Handwriting Font. I looked through the 4 easy steps of doing this, and figured I would give it a try. At the worst, I see the preview, realize how much I hate my own handwriting, and don't proceed with buying it, right? So here goes nothing... 

Step 1: Print & Write - You print their PDF formatted template and write down your font inside the template lines. If you are anything like me, you are a perfectionist and borderline OCD... Sorry, that was a fib... I am VERY OCD about several specific things, one being my handwriting. If you have ever had the "pleasure" of observing me while I take notes, you know that I go through a lot of paper. Like, a TON! I will start over repeatedly, no matter how many times it takes, until I am happy with the look of my notes. This is just for my notes to myself. Like, sticky notes, tablets, random pieces of paper, y'all, nothing fancy. When it comes to anything I know somebody else may place their eyes on, it is about 100 times that severe. I went through probably 20 templates before I was happy with every letter. 


The final result of all of the OCD madness!

Step 2: Scan & Upload - Just scan in your template and upload it to their site.

Step 3: Preview & Buy Font - After about 40 seconds of waiting (not bad at all), the preview of your own font will appear and if you like it, you go to the next step to pay for it using PayPal. The preview is not as big as I would have liked, but I could tell that I liked it enough to buy it and use it. I already have a PayPal account, so it was pretty simple. If you don't have a PayPal account and you like to make online purchases, I recommend you sign up soon. It is a nice way to access funds without having to put your debit/credit card or even check information out there. 

Step 4: Download & Install Font - Immediately after I paid through PayPal, they had emailed me a receipt with an attachment to download the font to my computer. All you have to do is download it and then install it to be able to use it. I have already played around with it a bit on my work computer.

I mean, really... how cool is it to see your own handwriting on your computer screen?!?!

I did this with my printed handwriting as well as my cursive/scripted handwriting, but I didn't like the preview of the cursive. Apparently I am not good at lining up the matching points where it should go, but I do like the print. If you would like the file with my personal handwriting font, I will email it to you. Just let me know. :)



A printed version of what my font looks like.



**I was told that when I originally had my font on here, it didn't show on anyone's computer but my own since they hadn't downloaded my font and their computer wouldn't recognize it... Here is my quick fix :)

Like I said, if you want it, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment