Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Quick Health Update

Y'all, I just wanted to give a quick update on my health. I wanted to keep this separate from my recipe posts for searching reasons to not be annoying for anyone who isn't hear for this.

If you were hear in December, you may have seen that part of my journey right now is including trying to lose weight and become healthier. I have recently started a new medication for recently diagnosed (but long-overdue) chronic migraines called Topiramax. I was warned by the doctor that a "side effect" is that I would likely loose weight. I laughed pretty hard at that one and told him to sign me up!

In December, I weighed in at 220 lbs. Since then, I have actually lost weight and gained it back again, getting as high as 228 lbs before getting on this new medicine. I started the medication around the middle of March so it has been just about one month now. I got on the scale yesterday and I was down to 206.4 lbs. I am down 22 lbs since December! I was in a size 20, sometimes even those were fitting tight, and today I out on my size 16 Calvin Klein blue jeans again for the first time in months.

Now I know it is probably mostly from this medication, which makes me feel full a LOT of the time, so I don't eat as much as I do. I have also eliminated soda from my diet completely, reduced my Starbucks intake from about 4-5 times per week down to about 1 time per month (and instead I have coffee at home = 130 calories per cup x 1 per day). I also have increased my water intake and increased my activity levels with being at home and the amount of housework I do on a daily basis keeping up with the cleaning and children to ensure the house stays clean.

I feel great. I know this is not the end goal, but it is a start, I don't see a huge difference, but I am posting a head shot from tonight because I felt like I could see a difference in my face from tonight versus when I started the blog in Nov/Dec. You be the judge, but don't let the lack of hair/make up fool you.





OMG my eyebrows are caa-razaay!! So sorry... But I am stoked that I am losing weight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment